In continuation with the earlier article, we shall now continue with the completing the enrolment in GST portal. This blog will help you to complete the GST Enrolment process on GST common portal.
After successfully creating the profile on GST common portal, Please logon to www.gst.gov.in to continue with your GST enrolment process.
Login with the Username and Password created with the help of earlier article.
The Welcome page will appear as shown below:
Click on the continue button and your Dashboard will appear.
Enrolment application can be filled only in English language. You can save and retrieve the application later. All the fields marked with red dot are mandatory to be filled.
Alternatively, you can click the Dashboard > Provisional ID Enrolment command to access the Enrolment Application.
On the top of the page, there are eight tabs as Business Details, Promoter/ Partners, Authorized Signatory, Principal Place of Business, Additional Place of Business, Goods & Services, Bank Accounts and Verification.
This tab displays the information to be filled for the business details required for enrolment.
Following details are auto-populated in the enrolment application based on your existing data in VAT system but you cannot edit these details:
- Legal Name of Business (as per PAN)
- Legal Name of Business (as per current tax Act)
- PAN of the Business
The Trade Name is prepopulated but you can edit the same.
Further fill up the details as per instruction below:
- In the ‘Trade Name’ field, enter the trade name of your business.
- In the ‘Constitution of Business’ dropdown list, select the type of constitution of your business such as Proprietorship or Partnership or Company etc.
- In the ‘Ward/Circle/Sector No.’ dropdown list, select the Ward/ Circle/ Sector number of your business as allotted by State Commercial Tax department.
- Under the Please indicate existing registration section, in the ‘Registration Type’ dropdown list, select the appropriate registration type i.e. VAT, CST, Service Tax, Central Excise etc.
- In the ‘Registration No.’ field, enter the registration number.
- Select the ‘Date of Registration’ using the calendar.
- Click the ‘Add’ button to add more registration details.
- In the Document Upload section, in the ‘Proof of Constitution of Business’ dropdown list, select the appropriate document to be uploaded i.e. Certificate of Incorporation or other alike incorporation proofs.
- Click the ‘Choose File’ Navigate and select the document.
- Click the ‘SAVE & CONTINUE’ button to proceed further.
This tab page displays the details of the stakeholders or business owners.
Enter the basic details like First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Husband’s or Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID etc.
In case the stakeholder or business owner/s whose details are entered is also the authorized signatory, select the ‘Also authorized Signatory’ option. To add more details of any other stakeholder, click the ‘ADD NEW’ button. To view the list of all the stakeholders, click the ‘SHOW LIST’ button.
This tab page displays the details of the authorized signatory.
In case you are the primary Authorized Signatory, select the checkbox for ‘Primary Authorized Signatory’.
Continue filling up the basic details of Authorised signatory like First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Husband’s or Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID etc.
It is compulsory to upload the proof of appointment of Authorized signatory and photograph of Authorized signatory.
To add more details of any other stakeholder, click the ‘ADD NEW’ button. To view the list of all the stakeholders, click the ‘SHOW LIST’ button.
Principal Place of Business:
This tab page displays the details of the principal place of business.
Select the ‘Nature of possession of premises’ and ‘Nature of Business Activity’ carefully. Proof of Principal Place of Business is required to be uploaded e.g. Bank statement showing the address of business premises as well as Bank details like branch address, account number etc.
Additional Places of Business:
This tab page displays the details of the additional places of the business. Enter the details similarly like Principal Place of Business details provided above.
Goods & Services:
This tab page displays the details of the goods and services supplied by the business.
In case you deal with Goods or Commodities, you need to mention the HSN Code in the ‘Goods’ tab. In case you deal with services, you need to mention the SAC Code in the ‘Services’ tab. You can add maximum 5 goods and 5 services. In case, you have more than 5 goods or services, you must add the top 5 goods or services you are dealing with.
In case you know the HSN Code:
Let us take an example that you need to add the HSN Code 61051010. To add the HSN Code, perform the following steps:
- In the ‘Search HSN Chapter by Name or Code’ field, enter the first four digit 6105 from the HSN Code.
- In the ‘Search HSN Code’ field, enter the HSN code 61051010. HSN Code is successfully added.
In case you do not know the HSN Code:
Let us take an example where the dealer deals with cotton textile.
1. In the ‘Search HSN Chapter by Name or Code’ field, type cotton; related HSN Chapter list is displayed. From the displayed list, scroll and select the appropriate option (in this case 5208).
2. In the ‘Search HSN Code’ field, again type cotton or 5208; related HSN Code list is displayed. From the displayed list, scroll and select the appropriate option. In case the appropriate option is not visible, scroll and select the ‘View All’
3. Select the check boxes for HSN codes to be added. Scroll between the pages to select the appropriate option.
4. Click the Add button. HSN Code is successfully added.
5. In case you want to add another good or commodity, click the X icon as shown in the image below.
This tab page displays the details of the bank accounts maintained for conducting business.
In case you don’t know the IFSC code, click the here link to know the IFSC code. Alternatively, you can also find the IFSC code in the cheque book or the cheque leaflet of your Bank.
It is compulsory to upload proof of Bank Account i.e. Bank statement showing the address of business premises as well as Bank details like branch address, account number etc.
This tab page displays the details of the verification for authentication of the details submitted in the form.
After filling the enrolment application, you need to digitally sign the application using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). Submission of application with the details is NOT completed unless DSC is affixed. Digitally signing using DSC is mandatory in case of LLP and Companies.
In case you do not have DSC handy, you can save the application and decide to sign the application later. In such case, to save the Enrolment Application, click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
In this article we have tried to explain the filling up details of enrolment application thoroughly. In our next article, we shall come up with topics like:
- Registering DSC &
- Submitting the enrolment application using DSC.
We hope we have helped you throughout the entire GST Enrolment process, If in case of any doubts or problems, you may drop your queries at CONTACT FORM.
What you should need to know next!
CALL TO ACTION :
Found the article helpful?
Share it with 3 people you know may need this right now!